Thursday, October 7, 2010

Thiruvalanchuzhi

This is the best place I visited during my Kumbakonam Trip. This houses "Swetha Vinayagar Temple" that is very very auspicious and has a lot of spiritual significance. The deity is supposed to be lasting the past yugas..!

Thiruvalanchuzhi is  a couple of Kilometers from Swamimalai that is about 6 KMs from Kumbakonam.
The temple is situated in a sprawling area..Has a number of imposing  mandapams.

This is one of the best temples I ever visited.See for yourself...!

                                           Go to Kumbakonam temples Blog >>>  
                                                                          


4 comments:

  1. Sridahran,
    I have plans to visit Kumbakonam in Nov. We visited a few temples last month.This I would add in my list as I wanted to visit it last time itself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are they allowing photography inside?
    Nice photos you have here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the temple I liked the most among several other great temples around Kumbakonam.
    You must definitely visit this place. Photography is allowed. I visited this in the night and returned the next morning seeing the grandeur of this temple.
    I will upload videos over the week end on youtube.Please take a look.
    my youtube channel is
    http://www.youtube.com/user/sridharan9999
    please subscribe. I will upload videos of all the temples of Kumbakonam & around soon. A few I have uploaded already.

    If you have not visited, pl visit Konerirajapuram.It houses the world's largest Nataraja idol..see my other blog Konerirajapuram.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chitra
    I have now added videos.Please See them. Especially the second one titled "Thiruvalanchuzhi-3-Main-mandapam&inside-1.wmv" that gives a glimpse of what you can expect from the temple

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are more important to me than even my post..! I appreciate your time & Thank you..