Saturday, October 30, 2010

Kailasanathar Temple

One of the super super temples of Kanchi for architecture. A unique experience in this temple is that one should crawl thruough a small opening to enter into and come out of the small praharam surrounding the Garbhagriham to circumbulate. Bit tricky...but me and my wife did it..! of course , you can stand erect once you enter the praharam and there is enough space for one person to walk around. The video below contains a small clip on this at the end ..!

Date of visit: 1-Nov-2008

Where (Location):

Kailasanathar temple aka Kailasanath temple is located at a remote location from the center of Kanchipuram city. at a distance of 4 km from bus stand, and 2 km from the famous Ekambareswarar temple.The temple is being maintained by Archeological Society of India.


What is special about this place :
  • The temple is being maintained by Archeological Society of India.
  • Marvellous sculptures and carvings
  • A unique experience in this temple is that one should crawl thruough a small opening to enter into and come out of the small praharam surrounding the Garbhagriham to circumbulate. Bit tricky...but me and my wife did it..! of course , you can stand erect once you enter the praharam and there is enough space for one person to walk around.
  • The idols are made using sand bound by some adhesive that is yet to be demistified..!
Camera : Allowed. No fees/

What did I like of this place :  Just about Every thing..!

Rating : Excellent..!

Note on the Rating :
The rating is in my opinion and may vary from person to person. The factors that I consider for my rating includes being ancient, architecture/Sculpture, Serenity of the place, Spiritual significance (reference in scriptures…etc), Enormity /Size/Magnitude.

Other related resources that I came across and liked
Read more: Here





VIDEO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are more important to me than even my post..! I appreciate your time & Thank you..