Sunday, October 10, 2010

Nachiar Kovil

Going by the name, I thought it is an Andaal Temple...or a temple for Goddess Lakshmi...It is a Srinivasa Perumal temple.. This temple has a Garudan idol in stone that is taken on procession during festivities.. It is said that the weight of this idol is said to grow exponentially when taken out of its mount..!

Enough information is available on the internet about this temple...!

The front Mandapam is quite impressive... I like the huge round pillars ...! The main deity is also placed at an elevated sthanam that it is visible from a distance... Looks great...! Unique set up..!

PHOTOS


<

Only now I realize, I should have shot some short video clips of this temple...I have an excuse to visit it again...!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are more important to me than even my post..! I appreciate your time & Thank you..