Sunday, October 31, 2010

Kumarakkottam

Where (Location) :
Near Big Kanchipuram Bus stand – about half a kilo meter – I walked – But autos are plenty.
Very near  Kamakshi Amman temple and Sankara Mutt. If you are in Kamakshi Temple; You can walk across to the back entrance of this temple quite easily-only a few yards.!

What is special about this place :
Ancient Murugan temple
Sri Kachiappa Sivachariar wrote Kanda Puranam in this temple.
I was pained to see the dilapidated tank at the back yard

What did I like of this place :
Nothing Special

Rating:   Nothing special.

Note on the Rating :
The rating is in my opinion and may vary from person to person. The factors that I consider for my rating includes being ancient, architecture/Sculpture, Serenity of the place, Spiritual significance (reference in scriptures…etc), Enormity /Size/Magnitude.
I am also positively influenced by the photographic opportunity that I get…!

2 comments:

  1. We must learn to protect our age old buildings and monuments. It's a pity all these are neglected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True..But the temple is maintained clean.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are more important to me than even my post..! I appreciate your time & Thank you..