Saturday, October 30, 2010

Kachabeswarar

Date of Visit :
23-Oct-10 (Sat)

Where (Location):
·     About 0.5 KM from the Big Kanchipuram bus stand
·                        Visible from the road
    
What is special about this place :
·  One of the most famous temples of Kanchipuram
·  Temple of Kachabeswarar- Sivan
·       Sprawling area


Camera :
Allowed  outside the main shrine.  

What did I like of this place :
 Sprawling space
 There is a small mandapam inside that is open on top; but has balcony three sides; looks beautiful

Rating : Very Good


Other related resources that I came across and liked 
Read more: here

PHOTOS

2 comments:

  1. I visited only Kamakshi Amman , Varadaraja Perumal and Ekambareshwar. Good temple.

    Like Kumbakonam , Kanchipuram also has hundreds of temple isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely. Unlike Kumbakonam where a handfull of temples are outside the town though near,Kanchipuram houses a very large number (100s) within a radius of 6 KMs. Amazing..all temples are ancient. I enjoyed seeing them and capturing them as photographs.. I keep visiting them on my PC more often..!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are more important to me than even my post..! I appreciate your time & Thank you..