Where (Location): In Small Kanchipuram known as Vishnu Kanchi or Chinna Kanchipuram in Tamil.
What is special about this place :
- One of 108 Divya desam
- 1000 years old temple of Lord Varadarajar
- Unique lizard worship is done here. Houses a shrine for two lizards carved in the ceiling.
- 100 Pillar Mandapam with exquisite carvings and sculpting
Allowed outside the main shrine. Buy the ticket at the office.
What did I like of this place :
- 100 pillar mandapam and its sculpting, Huge Tank and sprawling praharams
- Prasadam - Curd Rice and Kanchipuram Idly (Dont miss these)
Rating : Excellent..!
Note on the Rating :
The rating is in my opinion and may vary from person to person. The factors that I consider for my rating includes being ancient, architecture/Sculpture, Serenity of the place, Spiritual significance (reference in scriptures…etc), Enormity /Size/Magnitude.
Other related resources that I came across and liked
Read more: http://trifter.com/asia-pacific/india/lizard-worship-in-1000-years-old-temple-kanchipuram-varadarajar-temple-india/#ixzz13TEdHYeR