Saturday, October 30, 2010

Kamakshi-Amman

Date of visit:  23-Oct-2010
Where (Location):  Near the bus stand and near Ekambaranathar Temple in big Kanchipuram.

What is special about this place :
  • One of the most important temples in Kanchipuram
  • Associated with Aadi Sankaracharya 
  • Beautiful Temple tank
  • Houses a shrine for Vishnu Kalvar Perumal one of 108 Divya Desams
Camera :
Allowed outside the main shrine.  

What did I like of this place :
  • Beautiful Temple tank

 Rating : Very Good..!
 Note on the Rating :
 The rating is in my opinion and may vary from person to person. The factors that I consider for my rating includes being ancient, architecture/Sculpture, Serenity of the place, Spiritual significance (reference in scriptures…etc), Enormity /Size/Magnitude.







3 comments:

  1. "Associated with Aadi Sankaracharya of the 1st millennium CE." Kindly consider adding some 600/700 years more. By the way what is the kind of Camera you have. You can see mine if you visit my blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've updated the post. Provided Wikipedia link about Aadi Sankaracharya.
    I visited your blog and saw the nostalgic Box camera...! Interesting blog, will go back to visit it soon and follow it too..!
    I use Panasonic ZS3 and Pentax K200D with a couple of Pentax Lenses (18-250 and FA50mm f1.4).
    I used to have a Panasonic FZ50 that I sold to buy the DSLR(K200D)..

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice to visit your blog. we are going to visit T.Nadu in oct'12.need your help...

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are more important to me than even my post..! I appreciate your time & Thank you..