Saturday, November 6, 2010

Sanjeevirayar Temple

Date of visit: 6-Nov-2010

Where (Location):

This temple is located at Iyengal Kulam that is on the road to Kalavai from Kanchipuram, roughly about 7-8 Kms. (There is also a Chinna Iyankulam... be care ful..the one I am talking about is called Iyengar Kulam). This temple can be reached thru town bus.

What is special about this place :
  • Vijayanagara period temple; Vijayanagara architecture carries its own beauty and elegance..!
  • Sri Hanuman is said to have alighted here for sometime when he was carrying the Sanjeevi Parvadham and hence the temple and the tank are believed to cure disease 

Camera : The priest was curious to know why I am taking the photos.. He thought I am from press..!

What did I like of this place : 
  • The beautiful mandapams and steps at the back of the temple.
  • The tank at the back of the temple near a huge tree (Don't miss this)
  • Though some portion of the walls of the temple are kind of dilapidated, the temple is maintained clean.


Rating : Very Good..!

Note on the Rating :
The rating is in my opinion and may vary from person to person. The factors that I consider for my rating includes being ancient, architecture/Sculpture, Serenity of the place, Spiritual significance (reference in scriptures…etc), Enormity /Size/Magnitude.

Other related resources that I came across and liked
None


PHOTOS



2 comments:

  1. Temple setting is beautiful. Liked the greenery and water pool near by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True.. I too liked the tranquility of this place. The tank (pool) is situated against a back-drop of an expansive green plain and is very soothing to the eyes..! I liked this place very much. It was worth my half a days visit..!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are more important to me than even my post..! I appreciate your time & Thank you..