Date of visit: 6-Nov-2010
This temple is located at Iyengal Kulam that is on the road to Kalavai from Kanchipuram, roughly about 7-8 Kms. (There is also a Chinna Iyankulam... be care ful..the one I am talking about is called Iyengar Kulam). This temple can be reached thru town bus.
What is special about this place :
- Vijayanagara period temple; Vijayanagara architecture carries its own beauty and elegance..!
- Sri Hanuman is said to have alighted here for sometime when he was carrying the Sanjeevi Parvadham and hence the temple and the tank are believed to cure disease
Camera : The priest was curious to know why I am taking the photos.. He thought I am from press..!
What did I like of this place :
- The beautiful mandapams and steps at the back of the temple.
- The tank at the back of the temple near a huge tree (Don't miss this)
- Though some portion of the walls of the temple are kind of dilapidated, the temple is maintained clean.
Rating : Very Good..!
Note on the Rating :
The rating is in my opinion and may vary from person to person. The factors that I consider for my rating includes being ancient, architecture/Sculpture, Serenity of the place, Spiritual significance (reference in scriptures…etc), Enormity /Size/Magnitude.
Other related resources that I came across and liked