Saturday, November 6, 2010

Yadhotkari Temple

Date of visit: 6-Nov-2010

Where (Location):

This temple is located at Chinna Kanchipuram or Vishnu Kanchi. This is near Varadharajar temple. (Take an auto and get down at Kanaka Vilas).
Ashtabhuja Perumal temple is quite near to this temple

What is special about this place :
  • This Perumal is also known as Sonna Vannam Seidha Perumal..the one who did as told. When Poigai Azhwar asked him to Vacate this temple and accompany him after asked to leave Kanchi by the King, the lord also accompanied Poigai Azhvar. He again returned on request by poigai Azhvar..!
  • Noted down the names of all devotees who visited the temple and gifted one male with a dhothi and a female with a saree based on a lucky dip in the moolavar Sannidhi..(I dont know if it happens daily..! and I didn't get the gift..!)
Camera : Allowed outside the main Sanndadhi.

What did I like of this place : 
  • The spiritual significance of this place and the story of Poigai Azhvar related to this temple
Rating : Very Good..!

Note on the Rating :
The rating is in my opinion and may vary from person to person. The factors that I consider for my rating includes being ancient, architecture/Sculpture, Serenity of the place, Spiritual significance (reference in scriptures…etc), Enormity /Size/Magnitude.

Other related resources that I came across and liked
None


Video

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are more important to me than even my post..! I appreciate your time & Thank you..