Saturday, February 26, 2011

Mysore and around Part 1



Date Visited : 10-Feb to 13-Feb-2011


Well..! TGS you guessed it right..! From your comments "I hope it is not Mysore ...", I guess, you might be disappointed to know the place is Mysore and around. But I will try my best to alleviate your disappointment with some good pictures and coverage of places aside from Mysore..! I still will not be able to assure you that the list of places include one that you may not have visited...You hailing from Karnataka is not my fault......(lol)!


This is my third visit of Mysore...Second in recent times..my last visit being in 2008.  The places like Chamundi Hills, Brindavan Gardens,Balmuri falls,Srirangapatna,Rangan thittu bird Sanctuary,Nanjangud  are some of the places, I covered during my second visit in 2008 which was chronicled earlier here. My first visit was some 20 years back when I remember visiting the Palace and Zoo only.
In both visits, I have missed palace illumination. So, I made it a point not to miss it this time and I did accomplish this agenda successfully..! Some proof of this can be found below..! Cameras are not allowed inside the palace.. A pity indeed..!



Mysore details can be seen in Wikipedia and Wiki travel.
I stayed at Hotel Siddhartha (closer to the palace). They have a website at http://www.hotelsiddharta.com/
The rooms are good & clean.



Let's now see some of the photos of this grand palace..!

The Entrance

The view of the temple within from outside

Nice arch adds to the elegance


The temple within the palace complex


My son Krishna with palace in the background



As light kept fading, the diffused illumination makes this structure awesome..!











With all peripheral lighting switched on ...








I camped in Mysore for three days and visited a few places in and around it and will write about them in subsequent posts.

The whole set of Photos


I am not a video buff, But sometimes the ambiance of some places are worth recollecting through video.. So I keep shooting short clips...You may like some of the clips... So, if you have a few minutes and interest, please watch..there are some closeups of the palace..... 

VIDEOS
(Click on the player and hover over the thumb nails to see the file name that is self explanatory )


       NEXT >>