Monday, November 15, 2010

Ulagalandha Perumal

Date of visit: 13-Nov-2010

Where (Location):

This temple is located quite close to the bus stand in Big Kanchipuram

What is special about this place :
  • Ancient and finds mention in Puranas
  • Contains shrines that account for three of the 108 Divya Desams
  • Huge Ulagalandhan statue of Vishnu - Really gigantic-Looks like having been embedded into a huge rock
Camera : Allowed outside the main Sanndadhi.

What did I like of this place : 
  • The huge statue in the main shrine
  • Fantastic Vimanam. Quite artistic..(See the photos)
Rating : Very Good..!

Note on the Rating :
The rating is in my opinion and may vary from person to person. The factors that I consider for my rating includes being ancient, architecture/Sculpture, Serenity of the place, Spiritual significance (reference in scriptures…etc), Enormity /Size/Magnitude.

Other related resources that I came across and liked
None

2 comments:

  1. I haven't seen any Ulagalanda Perumal temple in TN . The vimanam of the temple is typical of a Vishnu temple. I have seen a similar one in Sivakasi.
    The pond with reflection is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the reflections too..But I wonder how beautiful it would have been in the early days of this temple when there would probably have been trees around this tank than those flats that are appearing around it now.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are more important to me than even my post..! I appreciate your time & Thank you..