Monday, November 15, 2010

Ulagalandha Perumal

Date of visit: 13-Nov-2010

Where (Location):

This temple is located quite close to the bus stand in Big Kanchipuram

What is special about this place :
  • Ancient and finds mention in Puranas
  • Contains shrines that account for three of the 108 Divya Desams
  • Huge Ulagalandhan statue of Vishnu - Really gigantic-Looks like having been embedded into a huge rock
Camera : Allowed outside the main Sanndadhi.

What did I like of this place : 
  • The huge statue in the main shrine
  • Fantastic Vimanam. Quite artistic..(See the photos)
Rating : Very Good..!

Note on the Rating :
The rating is in my opinion and may vary from person to person. The factors that I consider for my rating includes being ancient, architecture/Sculpture, Serenity of the place, Spiritual significance (reference in scriptures…etc), Enormity /Size/Magnitude.

Other related resources that I came across and liked
None