Saturday, November 6, 2010

Ashtabhuja Perumal

Date of visit: 6-Nov-2010

Where (Location):

This temple is located at Chinna Kanchipuram or Vishnu Kanchi. This is near Varadharajar temple. (Take an auto).
Yadhotkari temple is quite near to this temple

What is special about this place :
  • One of the 108 Divya Desams
  • Gajendra Moksham is said to have happened in Gajendra Pushkarini, the temple tank (no water!)
  • The lord Vishnu here is with 8 hands..!
Camera : Allowed outside the main Sanndadhi.

What did I like of this place : 
  • Beauty of the Moola vigraham
  • Small but cute temple
Rating : Very Good..!

Note on the Rating :
The rating is in my opinion and may vary from person to person. The factors that I consider for my rating includes being ancient, architecture/Sculpture, Serenity of the place, Spiritual significance (reference in scriptures…etc), Enormity /Size/Magnitude.

Other related resources that I came across and liked
None





<

2 comments:

  1. Is it among the 108 divya deshams of Vishnu?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes.. Thanks for asking that... Ive updated the post.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are more important to me than even my post..! I appreciate your time & Thank you..