Sunday, May 23, 2010

Aquaserene Kollam

Wanted to unwind and relax in a serene environment on the lap of nature. Kollam Aquaserene turned out to be apt. It is a resort on the back waters. It is situated at Paravur about 20Km from Kollam railway station.
For details refer to their website on http://www.aquasereneindia.com/
We stayed for 2 nights and 3 days.
The accommodation is quite comfortable. Neat and nice rooms. All the cottages - 28 in all- overlook the back waters.
The restaurant serves tasty food. You can also ask for room service. We never made use of the room service.
There are two swimming pools. One for swimmers and the other for novices. Quite good.The shuttle court-they arranged flood lights for us in the night & Indoor games - Carrom, Table tennis - though not well maintained-will help you get active from the serenity induced laziness.
Boating on the speed boat or row boat is arranged by the resort.
Speed boat Rs 500/ and Row boat Rs 250/- plus tax for Half hour.

On the day of return, we went to Trivendrum Padmanabha swamy temple and Varkala Beach. On our way back to the railway station we visited Kollam Light house and Kollam Beach.
I'll have to visit the Padmanabha swamy temple again. Huge and great..! Deserves more than the 2 hrs we spent time in...! It is a pity they don't allow cameras inside the temples. The architecture is worth a lot of time and attention..!

Youtube Videos





Click on the Titles below to view PHOTOS










The resort deserves a cleaner TT Room..!





Shirts, Pants are not allowed. One should wear Dhothi only. One can buy or hire (!) Dhothis from shops nearby. I bought a Khadar Dhothi that I am wearing from the shop near the temple..
Don't miss to climb up to the Gopuram top.. Yes.. you can do that paying Rs5/ per person. About 6 stories of 100 steep steps in all...From each story you can take an ariel view..

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog.
    Your blog is awesome. I belong to Kerala . So could relate well to Kollam and TVM. Your albums are beautiful. see you. Following you too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked your blog and always look up to such bloggers before, I make a trip. I view the photographs before I plan a trip. So, the likes of your blog is always very useful.
    I am glad that you liked my blog and are following it. I should thank you for being the first follower of the blog... (in fact the only as of now...So thanks doubles...!) But I create posts very infrequently owing to my profession (IT) though I upload photos and videos immediately.
    You are fortunate to belong to Kerala. I love that place. It befits it's name God's own Country. There are many places that are in my list that I hope will be able to visit some time. My urge to visit Kerala and its nature has accentuated after I made a trip to Coorg on insistance of a friend. When you have time, please visit my blog on coorg. If you haven't visited, you should definitely visit Coorg..a very nice place.
    Thanks again....!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are more important to me than even my post..! I appreciate your time & Thank you..